Palouse Patchers Newsletter
Meeting Date: April 4, 2017
Social Time: 6:30 pm Meeting Time:7 pm
Meeting place: Latah County Fairgrounds
Program Information: The April Palouse Patchers meeting will be held at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, April 4th at the Latah County Fairgrounds. The April program will be given by Sharon Ledbetter from Clarkston. Sharon is an outstanding quilter who won Best of Show at the Clarkston quilt show and is known for her Quilts of Valor work. Tool Time will be happening, as well as Show and Tell. All are welcome to Palouse Patchers meetings, including those just interested in learning to quilt. www.palousepatchers.org for more info and Like us on Facebook.
Upcoming Dates –
- April 4th – last day to register your quilts for the quilt show online at http://www.palousepatchers.org
- Palouse Patchers April meeting, Tuesday, April 4 @ 7:00 PM. Bring your calendar to volunteer at the quilt show. There is Tool Time and Show and Tell so bring all your creations from Quilt Camp. Don’t forget your raffle quilt stubs and money.
- Palouse Patchers Quilt Show - Blue Bayou - April 8 & 9, 2017
- Palouse Patchers May meeting, Tuesday, May 2 @ 6:00 PM (early start date for potluck). For the May meeting, volunteers needed for set up and planning. This is the last meeting before we break for the summer. Palouse Patchers will resume meeting on Tuesday, September 5th.
Raffle Quilt Tickets – Don’t forget to return your raffle ticket stubs and money during the April meeting! Thanks for your help with this, Madeline Martin
Have you signed up to volunteer at the quilt show? Check out the online sign-up for at Sign Up Genius. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e4ba5ae29a2f49-2017 If you signed up at the March meeting or gave your information to the quilt show chairs, you have been pre-entered into your volunteer slot. You will receive an email reminder. (Sign Up Genius is a good, free program that I have used for lots of other volunteer or work things and had no problems with it. You can read their FAQ for more information and to be assured your email won't be spammed. It is the same program we used for Latah County Fair volunteering.) Click on the Sign Up Genius link and then scroll down to Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday groupings to see where we need help. If there is a light purple Sign Up box that means we need help and the number indicates how many more people we need for that slot. Click on the Sign Up box(es) and then at the bottom of the page click on the Submit and Sign Up box to complete your registration.
Have you registered your quilts for the quilt show yet? http://www.palousepatchers.org and click on the link on the main page to get started. The deadline to register quilts is April 4th but please don't wait until the last day to register as the deadline is so close to the actual quilt show.
Quilt Show Posters – Sarah Joy
Have you finished putting up your posters from the March meeting? If so, great! If not, please get them up before April 1st. If you took your extra posters to places not on the list, please let Sarah Joy know so she can put those locations on the list for advertising next year. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for all your help!
May Meeting – Volunteers Needed
We need volunteers for the May potluck. Sally’s daughter will be visiting from Kentucky for her birthday so Sally isn’t sure she will make it to the meeting. From Sally (one of the volunteers, not chair) email@example.com
Upcoming Quilt Shows:
- April 28-29 The Everett Quilt Show, Everett, WA With guest speaker Kathy McNeil also with an Opening Night Gala www.AllinStitchesWA.org
Newsletter Information: Please send in Palouse Patchers newsletter items by the 4th Saturday of every month to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The newsletter will go out one week before the meetings. Contact for the newsletter is Mary Silvernale Shook.
Palouse Patchers website at http://www.palousepatchers.org
Palouse Patchers Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Palouse-Patchers/258911240821801